Monday, July 7, 2008

My Real Life Barbie Doll - by Mom


When I was younger, I loved playing with Barbies. I had several of them. I also had the Dream House, Dream Pool, Silver Vette, furniture, tons of accessories, clothes, shoes, etc. But the funny thing was, I didn’t really PLAY with my Barbies. What I mean by that is I didn’t make them move or walk or talk, I just dressed them in different outfits, posed them, and when I finally got my LeClic disk camera, took pictures of them. But beyond that, there wasn’t much actual “play.”

Until four months ago, the fun memories of dressing up Barbie were long gone. But now, I have been blessed with my very own, real live Barbie Doll. I don’t know what it is about him, but I love to dress Benjamin up and put him in funny scenarios.


You may have noticed my affinity for this activity from earlier Blog pictures, such as ‘Benjamin with a mustache’ and ‘Benjamin reading to a bunch of rubber duckies.’ On my camera, I have many more of these types of photos… so many, they would bore you.

It’s just funny to me to imagine my baby doing non-baby things, like reading a newspaper or lifting weights, or in this case, a rapper rapping about why his momma is a pla-yah hay-tuh. (If you don’t get this, ask your kids or neices and nephews.) When an idea for a funny scenario pops into my head, I grab the camera and any necessary props and start taking pictures. I am 100% sure those are the pictures he will come to hate, roll his eyes at, and try to destroy before we show them to his future fiancĂ©, friends, and family at his rehearsal dinner.

The greatest thing about it is that he’s so cooperative. He loves the attention, and he likes to stare at the camera when I shoot. Other than the costume changes, which he could probably do without, he goes along with just about anything Mommy wants him to do for the picture. (We’ll see how long this lasts.) The latest scenario: naked baby wearing bunny slippers. Way better than Barbie!

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Too funny! Maybe I can hire you to do our baby announcement pictures! :)

Jenny

Annick Davis said...

you so crazy