Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ode to a New Mom


(Technically I don't think this qualifies as an ode, work with me)









You are more than a vessel, the bearer of child.
You are a beautiful woman filled with feminine wile.
But there's no denying that you have a new role in life,
To Benjamin you are "mommy" and to me your are "wife"

To proclaim you a Natural would be a disservice,
Because you have discovered your life's one hidden purpose.
And it has opened my eyes to a truer meaning of love,
A passion so pure, so strong it mirrors God up above.

Whether it is changing a diaper or pumping it out,
You broadcast joy from your face when others would shout.
Although he can't speak, I can see it in his eyes,
Benjamin's falling in love with his Mommy even when he cries.

And when he's a little older, I have something to tell him too,
It's what I learned over a decade ago - that I'm so in love with you.

Happy Mother's Day Emily

Secret Admirer XOXO

No comments: