Monday, March 31, 2008

What a Week


No it wasn't a week filled with hair pulling, sleep deprivation or a mountain of diapers, it was sadly work related. I filled out my billing sheet for work - 76 hrs. I took a moment to remark on the amount of work my team and I were able to accomplish - shoot 5 spots, create 3 new ones and ship 5 others for air. But as I learned in my first economics class, there is always an opportunity cost to everything.

My cost this week was overall depletion of lifeforce, a near zero fun-factor, being more of a relief to Emily and of course getting to hold, smooch and stare at young Benjamin. I did spend more than my previous low benchmark of 6 minutes with him each night, but I secretly craved the cool embrace of my pillow.

Our little family did manage to have some fun with a mustache growing contest at my agency. I elected not to ruin Easter pictures with a mustachioed mug, so I simply put on a fake mustache and submitted "Lip Toupee". This prompted Emily to try it on, instantly transforming her into a deadringer for George Harrison circa '72.

The attached picture was Emily's idea to keep our family's mustache solidarity entact, I entitled it "Lawrence O'Pootentoot." He looked like a fancy lad pugilist who defended the rings of the roaring 20's. It got a verbal chuckle out of me at work today, a fantastic pick me up to spur me past the legacy of my 76 hour week.

2 comments:

trey kazee said...

the slick combed hair really completes the transformation. it's all in the details!

grampa said...

With a mustache he looks a little like Albert Einstein. Gramdpa Bob