Sunday, April 27, 2008

Code Brown


This posting is going to make you think that Emily and I are big into scatological humor, we're not. We are simply playing with the cards that we've been dealt - and we've got a handful of 2's IF you know what I mean.

Sunday, the day of the rest, the Sabbath - hardly. We had great intentions of joining our Hometeam after church to go see a movie, the first movie viewing for either of us since Benjamin. Everything was on track until a routine diaper change turned catastrophic. We undid his onesie and it looked like a chili dog exploded - stuff was absolutely everywhere. I still can't even understand the physics behind it - how did poop go up his back all the way to his shoulders? Seriously!

Emily and I tried to figure out how to get him out of the clothes without spreading his filth all over his face. I made the executive decision to get the scissors and cut his onesie off of him - I felt like I was in an episode of ER. There was something funny and sweet about the whole moment- here is a baby covered in what looks like Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, but he is just laying there with a smile on his face cooing at us. Cute, but I ain't touching him. Emily took the bullet and hopped in the tub with him, because it would have taken 200 wipes to handle this mess.

Needless to say we didn't make the movie, but we did have a good laugh at dealing with a diaper blow out that was SO bad that we had to cut our baby out of his stained onesie. Wait a minute, it just occurred to me - this may have been Benjamin's first attempt at mommy/daddy-time sabotage. If it was, he plays a dirty game. An extremely dirty game.

No comments: